It’s not that often that Pauly Platypus gets two juicy news items in one day, but this is one of those days.
Sarah Palin just re-wrote a little bit more history. Apparently — stop me if you knew this already — Paul Revere’s 1775 ride was all about defending the Second Amendment rights of Americans, even though they didn’t get around to actually writing, you know, the Constitution until 1789. (And that was before they amended it.)
Brooke Baldwin of CNN makes this clip priceless:
As you’re probably aware, we at Logarchism are determined to cover the hard political news. This is certainly no exception.
Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) has gotten into some hot water for a photo of his namesake’s outline visible through his underwear. While I’m in no position to assess whether it’s truly a tony weiner, let alone whether it’s Tony’s weiner, it does raise a couple of probing questions.
First, was his Twitter account really hacked? It’s certainly not hard to do, since most people have easily determined passwords. If you’re a prominent politician, you’re far more likely to be hacked simply because you have more people targeting you in particular.
Second, why the non-denial denial? Yesterday he told NBC that he couldn’t say “with certitude” that it’s not him. Do there exist pictures of this sort of the Representative from New York? This may be the seminal question, as there could be a leak in a staff member.
At least he hasn’t demonstrated any testiness over the kerfuffle. If anything, he has risen to the occasion. But it would be helpful if he would simply come clean about it.
- You Can’t Make This Stuff Up: My Favorite Headlines and Quotes from the Rep. Weiner Twitter Scandal (irondice.wordpress.com)
- Weiner “Can’t Say” For Sure Twitter Photo Wasn’t Him — NBC New York (news.google.com)
- Weiner’s limp answers could lead to electile dysfunction (garystlawrence.wordpress.com)
- Mediaite’s Colby Hall On WPIX: Weinergate Photo From A Prior Relationship? (mediaite.com)
- Weiner: It’s Possible Lewd Photo Is of Him (blogs.wsj.com)
- Weinergate limps on as congressman adds new wrinkle | Richard Adams (guardian.co.uk)
- Weiner Doesn’t Deny Photo Could Be Him (politicalwire.com)
- Rep. Anthony Weiner: ‘I Was Pranked’ (thehiphopconsultant.com)
- ANTHONY WEINER: ‘I Can’t Say With Certitude’ The Underwear Picture Isn’t Of Me (thenewspundit.com)
- Weiner media strategy not exactly calming the waters (hotair.com)