Lunch Around the World
Napoleon Bonaparte famously said that “an army marches on its stomach.” That’s probably true, which is why war has become such an expensive business. It’s not just the state-of-the-art weaponry that costs so much…it’s provisioning the troops to keep them in top fighting shape. And if nourishing food is needed to keep fighting men and women in the best possible shape, think how vital proper nourishment is to the developing minds and bodies of children, and their ability to learn and retain information.
With that in mind, take a look at these school lunches from around the world. Examine carefully the vitamin and fiber components of the various meals, balanced by their fat, sodium and carbohydrate content, and then stop to think which children are most likely, after eating lunch at school, to be at their sharpest both mentally and physically. When you look at it that way, it’s easy to see why Asian students are blowing ours out of the water, academically speaking.
- Mmm, fritos and chocolate milk for lunch (thedisorderedcompilation.com)
- The Best Back to School Bagged Lunch Ideas (homeandgardenideas.com)
- Healthier school lunches on the way with new USDA rules (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Healthy Back to School Lunch Ideas (homeandgardenideas.com)
- Popular Back to School Lunch Ideas (homeandgardenideas.com)
- Healthy Lunch Foods for Kids (homeandgardenideas.com)
- Nutrition program offers convenient payment plan for parents (dpsschools.wordpress.com)
- Hurried School Lunches Making Kids Fat (patspapers.com)
- Two-thirds of American Adults are Fat (healthmad.com)
- Innovating School Lunches (bigthink.com)