Archive for August 25, 2011
Pauly has quite an eye for the ladies. As you know, he adores Sarah Palin…but he’s also a huge fan of Lady Gaga. After all, what platypus wouldn’t love a girl who wears a meat dress to an official function? Though Pauly loyally maintains that Sarah Palin, that famous hunter, carnivore, and purveyor of red meat, would also have not hesitated to wear a meat dress in public if she’d thought of it first and realized how much publicity it would generate.
So Pauly was delighted to read that Lady Gaga is helping science by assisting in a study of movement that concentrates on the movement patterns of cockroaches. This story appeals to Pauly on a number of levels. First of all, he actually considers cockroaches quite a tasty treat if he’s able to catch them. Secondly, the idea of roaches rocking tirelessly to “Bad Romance” is just so cute. And finally, he really likes that linked image of Lady Gaga in fishnet tights.
- Lady Gaga: Current Queen of Collaborations (newsroom.mtv.com)
- TPaw knows his Lady Gaga (politico.com)
- Roaches Love Dancing to Lady Gaga (abcnews.go.com)
- Turns out that roaches are Lady Gaga fans (oldstersview.wordpress.com)
I’ve written before about the unfortunate anti-science tendencies in the current incarnation of the Republican Party. Just to recap:
- The Bush Administration had a strong and unequivocal record of opposing science, including but not limited to the fields of climate change, developmental human anatomy, and stem cell research.
- All 33 Republican candidates for the US Senate in the 2010 election cycle denied the existence of anthropogenic global warming. They did not say, “the science is not yet complete,” which is a qualified and well-informed answer, if not the most popular amongst scientists. They said, rather, “there is no such thing as anthropogenic global warming and the science behind it is the result of malfeasance.” (more…)