Archive for April 10, 2012
With the delegate counts and future states’ rules pointing to an obvious conclusion, former Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) announced today that he is dropping out of the race for President.
With that, the field is cleared for former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, and the election enters a new phase. From here on out, it’s a simple Romney vs. Obama story.
- Spokesman Says Santorum Will Continue (myfoxny.com)
- Everybody says Mitt Romney has already won, so why is he carpet bombing Rick Santorum’s home state? (dailykos.com)
- Santorum cancels Monday events after daughter hospitalized (thehill.com)
- Campaign says Santorum’s daughter is recovering (nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com)
- Santorum suspends campaign (theesposito.com)
- Rick Santorum suspends Presidential campaign (worldviewtonight.com)
- Breaking: Santorum Holding News Conference (To Bail Out?) (littlegreenfootballs.com)
It was an inept turn of phrase.
The Democrats of course say you are waging, the GOP is waging a war on women. I know you don’t agree with that, but looking at the polls, you have a gender gap problem. Recent polls show a huge, huge margin for Democrats among women voters. How big a problem is it? How do you close it?
Well, for one thing, if the Democrats said we had a war on caterpillars, and every mainstream media outlet talked about the fact that Republicans have a war on caterpillars, then we have problems with caterpillars. The fact of the matter is it’s a fiction and this started a war against the Vatican that this president pursued. He still hasn’t answered Archbishop Dolan’s issues with Obama world and Obamacare, so I think that’s the first issue.
Is the Republican War on Women a fictional meme, as Priebus argues, or is it supported by the evidence? (more…)